December has been such a hectic and busy month so I’m afraid my favourites are lacking a little but none-the-less, here they are!
This month I didn’t try many new makeup products except a foundation! For months I’ve been looking for a fairly cheap cruelty-free foundation that doesn’t totally mess up my skin and I’ve finally found one – The Body Shop ‘Fresh Nude Foundation’* range. It’s very moisturising and light but covers my blemishes enough and I’ve found it doesn’t aggravate my skin even if I’m wearing it every day! (I am however still open to more cruelty-free makeup suggestions so feel free to comment below!!)
Lush also have the most gorgeous Christmas products out and although I’ll be talking in more depth about a few of them in my upcoming ‘Lush Haul’ I just have to mention the golden wonder bath bomb! It is so gorgeous and glittery and smells absolutely delightful so if there’s any left in your local store I encourage you to grab one (or a million).
- Moana* – Ok so truth be told I haven’t overly loved all the Disney’s in the last few years but my gosh did Disney do good with this one! The music, the script, the animation, the appropriation – I can’t even begin to explain how much I adored it. The film is still being shown in Odeon cinemas so if you’ve been contemplating seeing it then I definitely suggest you do and I’ve also already pre-ordered the DVD!
- Pretty Little Liars* – I know, I know I’m behind on the hype once again! But honestly the last couple of days I have been beyond gripped and I can’t understand why I couldn’t get into it before.
- Anna Karenina* – This film is astonishing and cinematically an absolute masterpiece. I’ll be honest it took me a little while to get into it and I did have to re-watch it to truly understand the magic of it but I’d highly recommend it, although please not I think it is best aimed at those 16+.
- Following on from indulging in Matilda last month on Christmas day I decided to read The Minpins*. Its such a beautiful novel with the most wonderful quote at the end.
Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
- I also read Wild by Cheryl Strayed as after watching the film I just couldn’t resist and I adored the novel just as much, if not more!
One of my favourite purchases this month was a mug from sighh.co which holds the quote ‘Do not ask me what I plan to do after uni’ which is just so apt and amsuing that I couldn’t resist.
CANDLES! man oh man do I love candles and this Christmas I finally got a full-sized Yankee gingerbread candle* and it smells like the absolute bomb. Gingerbread has to be up there with my favourite scents and its so warm and homely and utterly gorgeous! On that note… mini gingerbread man must also be mentioned. They are cute and chewy and tasty and delicious and I hope I always have some in my house forever and ever.
Christmas cards. For the last couple of years but Christmas card list has grown longer and longer to the point where I send over 200 cards every year and it is one of my favourite things. Exchanging cards just feels so personal and there’s something really warm about finding post on your doorstep and having everywhere covered in pretty cards. It is without a doubt one of my favourite aspects of Christmas.
Another Christmas tradition is going to the theatre! Unfortunately, I missed out the last year but usually my family head of to the New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich and enjoy their Pantomime. It’s always so unique with the incorporation of modern songs and music and absolutely comic moments not to mention the incredible talent displayed by the cast. Bring on next years performance!
and to end… Yet more walks that I have loved. In my hometown there’s many a country park/forest to discover and typically from Boxing Day – New Year my friends and family alike take many walks and this year was no different… Here’s just a couple of the pictures I’ve taken.
And finally a very Happy New Year to you all. x