In style with my ‘Books on Pre-Order‘ post, I thought I’d do a post about the films I’m excited for this year. We’re already 4 months in and we’ve had an amazing assortment from The Greatest Showman* to Coco* to Love, Simon* so I’m keen to see what’s to come! What films are you looking forward to?
- CrimesOf Grindlewald. This is the second film released in the Fantastic Beasts series and I am so excited. I’ve pre-ordered the screenplay* too as I love reading it first and then seeing if the film matches up or surpasses my imagination. I’m so excited to see more of Tina and Queenie and Newt and, of course, Jude Law as Dumbledore. The release date is 16th November, I’ve already booked my trip so make sure you jump on it!
- Incredibles 2! For anyone in our generation, this is a must, we really have been waiting too long. I’m so excited and I’m sure this will be another chilled out classic to add to the Disney collection. Release date: 15th June
- A Wrinkle in Time. Okay okay, this is already released but I haven’t yet seen it and who can say no to a little more Disney magic? This seems a little different to the topical Disneys from what I’ve seen and I’m loving the idea of it! I also had no idea this was based off a book* so I’m excited to read that too at some point. The release date was 23rd March so be sure to hop to it if you want to catch it in cinemas.
- Mary Poppins Returns. This may seem like I’m on a bit of a Disney hype but I honestly adore Disney films and the idea of a Mary Poppins film returning to cinemas makes me giddy! The gorgeous Emily Blunt is taking the role and I’m sure she’ll add something special to it. It’s in cinemas December 25th, perfect for that Christmas magic and family time. (Speaking of I’d best drag the boyfriend with me to see it!)
- Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again. If you didn’t love the first film you’re clearly lying to yourself or need to see it again! I can’t wait for a proper girly night out watching it and singing along to some of the best ABBA songs. Release date: July 27th.
- The Nutcracker and the four realms. I adore the Nutcracker storyline, the ballet, the silly Barbie version, everything about it so I honestly yelped when I saw this was coming out! It’s going to be wonderful; being released 26th October.
- Solo! A new Star Wars film and who am I to say no? Not long to wait now… 25th May it hits cinemas!
- I feel pretty! This is another cheeky one as it’s already released but it’s only been around for a couple of days now (it came out May 4th!). I love the idea of it, its focus on loving yourself, the comedic value but with the sincerity underneath it. I think it’s one I’ll review to see if it’s been done well and thoughtfully (as I anticipate) or if it goes tits up!
- The Little Mermaid remake. This, I believe, is not hitting cinemas but instead is hitting Netflix in Summer and I’m keen to see how it’s been done. It sounds like it’s going to be closer to the original fairytale (which I already know I enjoy) so I’m excited for the dark tones of the story to be shown on screen.
- Mulan. Seriously Disney are bossing it this year and it’s so welcome. There’s been a lot of controversy about casting and plot changes so I’m going in it with a slightly negative opinion but with the hope I’ll be impressed by it. Release date: 2nd November
- Oops, another Disney again – Cruella – but sadly the last on this list. Emma Stone is taking on this role and boy do I love her so I think this will be a massive hit. I’m excited to learn and see from Cruellas perspective. It’s hitting cinemas 22nd December.
Currently, this is all on my list but please do drop any other ideas or suggestions in the comments! Happy Watching.