1) Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog. (Thank you, Amy)
2) Answer the questions asked on this post — don’t stress it’s quick!
3) Nominate and notify some peeps.
1) WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 BOOK PET PEEVES?
- Movie book covers! I truly despise them and always, always try to ensure I buy the original covers.
- Books that look unread! OK so naturally I don’t mean books I’ve recently purchased but I just can’t stand when someone says they’ve truly loved a book but it looks hardly read – I’m definitely rough with my books because I want them to look as loved as they are.
- When publishers refuse to publish things in paperback! I can barely hold hardbacks so paperbacks are essential for me.
2) NAME A PERFECT READING SPOT.
When in Ireland on a Hen Do in 2017 I fell in love with the most perfect reading spot (minus one thing). A beautiful large window seat, white with cushions and blankets, looking out on a beautiful landscape (hills or forests preferable). With bookcases next to the window (this is what was missing) – wooden cases lined with hundreds upon hundreds of books. It’s without a shadow of a doubt something I would adore in a future home of my own.
3) GIVE 3 READING CONFESSIONS.
- I dog-ear books! This is likely unsurprising given I just said I love books to look read but I know it’s often frowned upon in the book community.
- I have over 381 unread books but I can not stop myself buying more.
- I have been known to re-buy books in series if the covers do not match the others!
4) WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED DURING A BOOK?
I’m not going to lie I cry at most books! The most recent being Big Bones by Laura Dockrill – it was very inspiring and hit very close to home.
5) NUMBER OF BOOKS ON YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE?
- The World of Sex by Henry Miller
- Graffiti by Savannah Brown
- A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Harry Potter: the Artifact Vault
- Am I Ugly? By Michelle Elman
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall
- Body Positive Power by Megan Jayne Crabbe
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- When The Curtain Falls by Carrie Hope Fletcher
(oops, that’s a lot!)
6) FAVORITE READING SNACK?
Tea (always), hot chocolate & biscuits
7) WHAT ARE 3 BOOKS YOU’D RECOMMEND TO ANYONE?
Oh my gosh, I hate these questions they’re so difficult to answer!
- Big Bones by Laura Dockrill
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
8) PROVIDE A PICTURE OF YOUR BOOKSHELF.
9) HOW MUCH DO BOOKS MEAN TO YOU IN 3 WORDS?
Everything, everything, everything. (Is this cheating?)
I NOW TAG…